Planning for dental implant treatment
The dental implant procedure starts with a consultation between yourself and Dr Ahmed Elkhatib. During this consultation Dr Elkhatib will determine the most applicable best dental implant treatment option for you. Dr Elkhatib strongly believes in developing a trustworthy relationship with his patients and during your consultation he will discuss the treatment in detail and help explain every stage of the process. Part of the consultation will be dedicated to determining whether you are suitable for dental implants at all.
How long does the dental implant procedure take?
The amount of time that is required for a dental implant procedure will depend largely on the type of treatment option you require, among some other influencing factors. These factors take into account your oral health, the number of teeth requiring replacement, how many teeth will be affected and teeth requiring extraction. Estimations for a singular tooth replacement sit between 1 and 2 hours, which includes dressing, sedation – everything from start to finish. Whereas a full mouth restoration can take up to half a day.
Dr Elkhatib uses NobleClinician to keep his patients up to date with every step of the treatment planning process. This software allows patients to preview their digital smile and implant treatment from start to finish. Dr Elkhatib can achieve precise implant placement and a predictable restoration which provides patients with more confidence in their treatment. With NobleClinician patients can understand each stage of the implant procedure and Dr Elkhatib can explain every step of the treatment with a series of digital images.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
The benefits and advantages that come along with dental implants are so significant when compared to other treatments; you’ll wonder why you never opted for the treatment earlier.
- Convenience – Dentures are the furthest thing from convenient, having to take them out when you sleep and causing embarrassment when they slip out. Leaving your tooth missing is even worse as your jaw bone structure will be starting to naturally shrink and disintegrate. Dental Implants provide a structure and function similar to your natural teeth.
- Aesthetics – People can obviously tell when you’re missing a tooth, and false teeth can often look exactly like what they are – false teeth. Dental Implants are a permanent solution that look almost identical to the real thing.
- Comfortable – Dental implants feel the same as normal teeth. Unlike dentures there is no rubbing or slipping involved.
- Improved Speech – Dentures that slip and fall can cause a slur in your speech. Your speech can return to normal with dental implants.
- Digestion – Dentures that slide can make eating your favourite foods a difficult process. When food is hard to chew, you enjoy it less and tend to swallow food in a more solid form.
- Self Esteem – A bigger and brighter smile can have many benefits for your mental health.
- Overall Health – Dental implants provide less strain on your surrounding teeth, are less intrusive on surrounding teeth than other options and work to deter bone disintegration.
- Strong – If taken care of, implants can last a lifetime!